All our parishes and schools participate in the Church’s universal mission to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our communities. The mission statement is only the beginning, however: it must be supported with strategy and plans in many areas. The Tech Office helps parishes and schools develop strategy and plans with respect to technology.
Technology is a strategic element that supports every aspect of parish and school operations. Schools cannot function today without an extensive technology infrastructure. Archdiocesan schools are required to have a multi-year strategic plan, and a technology plan aligned to it. Parishes are also required to create these plans for their operations.
The Tech Office participates with parish and school staff as a team member on strategy development exercises. Our services include:
- Attending Pastoral Council, School Commission, Finance Council, Tech Committee and strategy team meetings
- Providing meeting facilitation and planning processes
- Providing templates for technology plan documents
- Delivering technology expertise in specific areas of need
- Identifying volunteer tech experts from deanery parishes that can fill gaps in planning processes
Contact the Tech Office as you are beginning the development of your parish/school strategy and technology plans for assistance.